How can I update a tile of dashboard after changing information in the database?

mirgo

I have the tile which represents a table with 3 columns. I can change value of the second column by one of the buttons in the third column.  These buttons run ‘data action’ and run cloud function. The cloud function makes some changes to BQ and return this to Looker: 

'{"looker": {"success": true,"refresh_query": true}}'

BUT It doesn’t refresh the tile on dashboard or dashboard itself. 
So the question is how can I refresh tile or dashboard via return (Server response) of cloud function?

0 1 833
1 REPLY 1

Hey, I just got off the line with Looker support after running into this same issue. Try switching to a legacy dashboard. 

In our case, we have an action defined in LookML which hits a cloud function, inserts to BigQuery, then we wanted the view in Looker to refresh with the new data. Well, it ONLY worked from a saved Look in a folder. It would not work from an explore, a user defined dashboard, or a LookML dashboard. We knew it was working because it worked inside a Look, and we were following the documentation exactly for the response. Once we changed it to a legacy dashboard (dashboards instead of dashboards-next) it would successfully rerun the query after the action completed. 

Let me know if this fixes it for you. Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors