Hide Value Labels from a calculated Measure

Hi, Community!

I have my first question, hopefully we can sort it out together.

I have my daily sales and I have a calculation with the average value of sales in the last 30 days. I want to visualise these two, as a line chart shown as area.

Everything looks fine, until I want to show the Value Labels for the Sales line. I can’t find an option to show the Labels only for the Sales and keep the Average just as a line. It keeps showing on every point and looks awful.

Adding a Reference Line does not work either, as I need the area below the Average to be coloured (say, in blue) while the area of Sales to be yellow, so we see in this way when we are ‘under’ or ‘over the surface’.

Hope that makes sense as an explanation of my issue. Thanks for your time & help!

0 5 627
5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

Indeed, the “show value label” is all or nothing in the viz settings.

But there is a “known hack” to work around this:

You can set some value colors to hide a serie using “transparent”, then other colors to show your other series (the color applies in the order of the columns of your data table!).

Hope it would help,
Antho

@antho is spot on!

I would only add that you can take it even further by using the value format to only display labels over a threshold (constant unfortunately) and combine that with say a scatter plot to emphasize values above average like below.

Perfect, lovely! Thank you both!

Wow Cyril, this viz is amazing 😉 Thanks a lot for sharing!!

Bravo Cyril! This is just what I needed 🙂

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors