Question

Hide a Field from a Visualization (3.26+)

• 30 July 2015
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Can you do this on cases of a pivoted dimension, eg if max elevation was pivoted by state, could you drop where state is california from the chart?

4 replies

Is it possible to aggregate measures based on only the visible dimensions? For example, my data plane includes start date, end date, number of customers. Start date and end date are used to calculate length of time, which i used in my filter. I’d like to hide end date from my visualization and aggregate number of customers by start date (i.e. one row per start date). Is this possible?

If I hide a column from a visualization, is it still possible to include that column in the download? If so, does the “All Results” option have to be available to the user?

Userlevel 3

@Ben_B a column that is hidden from the visualization will still appear in a download of the data if you choose the “As displayed in the data table” option when downloading.

The All Results option can be made unavailable by giving users the download_with_limit permission.

You can read more about both of those options in our docs here: Downloading Data

Justin has the right idea. If I want to isolate one value from a pivoted field, and then compare to that to the total of all other values, I think this is the best solution.