Expanding Looker Table Visualization

Hi.  I’m using a table visualization to display chronological data representing events in a “look”.  Looks good so far.

I’d like to be able to click on a particular row and have a space expand beneath that row wherein I might display related data from another table.  In this way, the user sees an overview but may then get further detail if they want it.

If it helps to picture what I have in mind it’s a bit like what UX folks call an “accordion”, although they’re usually talking about navigation when they use the term.

Example, take a result set like this:

1 | Joe Bloggs

2 | Pete Smith

3 | John Brown

...I’d really like to be able to click on the first row, capture the ID (in this case “1”) and show the user what kinds of cheese Mr. Bloggs likes.  That would look something like this:

1 | Joe Bloggs

1 | Stilton

2 | Cheddar

3 | Brie

2 | Pete Smith

3 | John Brown

...finally, the consequence of clicking that top row again would be to close the cheese table.

This seems like it should be possible but I’ve read the docs and drawn a blank.  

I note that someone has found a solution to this at some point in the past from looking at this post: 

https://community.looker.com/dashboards-looks-7/creating-accordion-style-in-a-dashboard-18931

...but the link it refers to 404s.

Any sort of tips would be very well received.  If I solve the problem myself I’ll post an update here.

Thanks for reading.

2 0 1,157
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors