Dynamically hiding a tile from dashboard using filters

Jharna

I have a company statistics dashboard and I want to hide certain visualisation tiles from the dashboard using a filter.

I want to create a filter/button on the dashboard and on clicking that filter, the tile that I do not want to display on the dashboard are automatically hidden.

How is this possible?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

3 3 2,846
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Jharna,

To my knowledge we’re not able to dynamically hide/display visualisation tiles on dashboards. You can set parameters to show NULL or no results, but the tiles will still be there.

Your best bet is to create a dashboard using Looker API or Looker Embed and dynamically hide or display your visualisations with Javascript.

Unfortunately, this was required for me in the past. I've resolved it by creating two dashboards.

• Dashboard 1 with Common Tiles
  • Dashboard 2 with Common Tiles + Specific Tiles

The Challenge was whenever I made changes in Tile 1, we had to make changes in both dashboards. So I convert tiles into Look then put them on Dashboards... This helped me to sort double effort. Now I can only make changes in 1 Look and both dashboards get updated automatically.

At the end, I can share both dashboard links with respective persons.

Hello @adeelnazir786, Can you please help us regarding how can we implement this hiding functionality of dashboards or panels?

Also, you can share any links or articles which helped you in achieving this.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors