Dynamic Dashboard Filter Help

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to create some sort of dynamic filter for a dashboard I am creating. The idea is for the user to filter by either the Client name OR the Site name, but not both.

I’m unsure how possible this is but the closest I have got is this -

filter: client_or_site {
type: string
sql: {% condition %} ${retailer_name} {% endcondition %} OR {% condition %} ${site_display_name} {% endcondition %} ;;
}

However, as well as this works I wanted to know if there is a way to tick either Client OR Site and then use another filter to then pick the Clients OR the Sites. Anything similar to this would be perfect as well, I mainly just want a method where they don’t have to manually enter names which is what it currently is like using the above LookML.

I hope this makes sense and I’m happy to answer any further questions. Thanks in advanced for any help given!

0 1 147
1 REPLY 1

I forgot to add that the entire goal of this filter would also be to then change the charts being used to only show either the sites or the clients, so very close to a drill down but done by toggling a filter and not just clicking on the chart

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors