Drilling though a tile in a dashboard

Hello Looker community!

I’m in need of help, i’ve been struggling with this for a while and I’m sure some of you guys have done this before.

What I want to accomplish is drilling through a visualization that is tiled into a dashboard. Let me explain:
I created a Look, a single value viz, that shows how many orders I’ve got in a period of time compared to last year. When I click that Look being in explore mode, the drill overlay appears with the detail of every single order in that period.

But when I add the Look to a dashboard, if I click the value nothing happens, but I expect it to show the same drill overlay

f20413d3-017a-4d7a-b375-8a8645c8df7c.png
When clicking “1.637” the drill overlay should appear but it doesn’t.

Is there something I’m missing? I thought this would be very straightforward.

Thanks!

0 4 727
4 REPLIES 4

Managed to do it! In case somebody was wondering, you have to place the drill_fields on the view instead of the dimension/measure and it will work in dashboards 😉

ddd
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hi @Carosierpe .  Would you be able to add a code snippet here?  I am working on a very similar concept and am struggling to drill through a tile.  Thanks!

Hey,

Here is the snippet from view file, where you can set "count" as drillable field and when clicked, it will pop-up table columns which are mentioned in drill_fields : 

measure: count {
    type: count
    drill_fields: [
      data1,
      data2,
      data3
    ]
  }

Can I do this (in the view) with a dimension (versus a measure)?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors