Downloading / scheduling Boards' entire content

Hello everyone, 

I haven’t been able to find the solution on my own and would greatly appreciate your help.

I have multiple dashboards in a Board. Is it possible to download the content of the entire board at once (meaning all the dashboards which are in it) in order not to have to download each dashboard one by one?

Adopting the same logic, would it be possible to schedule a delivery of the content of the entire board in a single email (meaning scheduling a delivery of all dashboards present in the board in a unique email)?

Thank you very much for your help!

Paloma

Solved Solved
0 2 482
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PalomaGdeB, there is no native approach in Looker UI, however, you can use the API to achieve this goal 

Step1: GET /boards/{board_id} to get the information about a specific board. Inside the response, there is a "board_items" that contains all items inside a board, then you can get look_id, dashboard_id. 

Step 2: Once you get the look_id, you can download, or schedule these contents. For example, here is an example to download looks with our Python SDK

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

naren2

hey everyone : 

I have been given a position to test looker, what are the possible areas and use cases to test?

Hi @PalomaGdeB, there is no native approach in Looker UI, however, you can use the API to achieve this goal 

Step1: GET /boards/{board_id} to get the information about a specific board. Inside the response, there is a "board_items" that contains all items inside a board, then you can get look_id, dashboard_id. 

Step 2: Once you get the look_id, you can download, or schedule these contents. For example, here is an example to download looks with our Python SDK

Hope this helps,

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors