Downloaded data file contains: Error: Could not sort by calculated field 'total_bla'. Limit reached

rory

Hi, I’m trying to download data for a dashboard and am getting an empty file containing:

Error: Could not sort by calculated field ‘total_bla’. Limit reached

The docs here:

If the number of rows in your query exceed the row limit that you’ve set, you will not be able to sort table calculations. This is because table calculations are only based on the rows that are displayed. Therefore, if you hit a row limit, the table calculation might be missing some rows that it should be sorting into your results. If you run into this issue, you can try increasing your row limit (up to 5,000 rows).

suggest to increase the row limit, but even when I increase it to the maximum of 5000, I am still getting the same error.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

0 1 1,698
1 REPLY 1

It sounds like you have more rows in your dataset being returned than 5000, so the row limit is being hit no matter what.

You could try converting your table calculation to LookML. If it’s not too complex, that should be fairly easy. If it is a toughie, feel free to share it here and we can take a look at it.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors