Dashboards-Next - Hide Side Menu as Default

minerkt
Participant IV

Hi all,

When any dashboards-next dashboard opens, it expands the left side menu.

Is there a way to disable this or add a parameter to the dashboard such that it defaults to hidden with the option of expanding it?

6fdffe55-656a-4812-a3e6-1b0e84b93ce5.png

Thanks

12 10 2,136
10 REPLIES 10

Dawid
Participant V

Very annoying isn’t it. We can probably merge those topics:

https://community.looker.com/dashboards-looks-7/hide-navigation-when-opening-a-dashboard-28739

minerkt
Participant IV

Hi @Dawid ,

Yes it is quite annoying.

Do you know if there is a way to merge our questions or should I just put in a formal customer service ticket?

Dawid
Participant V

A moderator needs to do it but at the same time, we may add a formal request in Pendo?

minerkt
Participant IV

I typically put in tickets through the help center.

What is Pendo?

Dawid
Participant V

In your instance you can see the Product Idea? link that takes you to this portal for requests that apparently has more visibility than Community and at least we can upvote things.

Upvote. We now (within 10 days) get forced to use the new navigation and this is immediately annoying users. 

It was able to be hidden while in experimental phase...Now it isn’t anymore. WHY!!! So annoying.

Agreed with the above! Would love to default this side navigation bar to closed/minimized. It takes up valuable space for dashboard content and is not intuitive to collapse

Agree as well, can we please have this at least configurable?  How to close the menu is now one of the main things I need to tell stakeholders so they can view dashboards without the data being clipped.

yes

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors