dashboards mockup

Has anyone found a good tool for creating dashboard mockups? As someone making dashboards and fields in LookML simultaneously, it would be great to have a way of designing dashboards before starting to code

2 4 714
4 REPLIES 4

Dawid
Participant V

I don’t quite understand what you want to achieve? If the fields are not in the LookML, you won’t be able to create Dashboards. You can use SQL Runner, in order to visualise your query and then click the gear icon and select Get Derived Table LookML:

156c6abd-14dd-4e5d-b882-34deae695665.png

This will generate LookML view file for you and then all you need to do is to replace SQL with a reference to your table.

I do use SQL Runner to test the visualisations before I add some data to Looker. Rarely though..

Thanks for your response
I meant something else ... I want to make a mockup design for the dashboard
To create a sample of the dashboard to the product manager before we starting development

Dawid
Participant V

What do you mean by mockup? images of the charts instead of the actual visualisations? How do you envision this?

If you're looking to create dashboard mockups, try Mokkup. It's a dashboard wireframing tool that helps you create dashboard prototypes with easy drag-and-drop charts in just a few seconds.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors