Cross filtering some tiles not all of them

Hello everybody,

I want to know if there is a possibility to isolate one or more tiles from being cross filtered after enabling the “cross filter” property in the dashboard’s filters menu ?

fe353bd2-326d-4b71-94e0-b5f0dab4566d.png
9 5 2,829
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Mohcine , did you figure out how to do this? I am trying to do the same on a dashboard

Thanks!

jonf

I don’t think this can be done, but I agree that it would be great if we could pick and choose which tiles are affected by a cross-filter!

I also need to exclude individual tiles from the cross filtering option! It would be great to have more flexibility for the cross-filter.

We need this functionality too.

sri75

Though technically got limiting cross filters on tiles, i did limit it by using some table calculations and Custom filter

I had a single tile which needed to be excluded when cross filtering is applied , so to achieve it I wrote a custom filter which said Account A = Account B always no matter what.

I also added a table calculation which would count the number of times a measure shows up based on the fields chosen. We do this such that the when cross filtering is used and a new account ‘Account C’ is used to filter it will display ‘No Results’, in order to avoid it i use this count. Now at the lookml level for the chosen measure i used a HTML parameter when when the value of measure is NULL then input ‘Not Applicable ’ else get the rendered value. So now when ever the cross filter is chosen and the tile is filtered by a different account it always says ‘Not Applicable’ instead of displaying the measure value. I am not sure how many of you can use it but it works as a work around until we get the functionality.

Prior to this i took all the Lookml from the dashboard and created a new one in the Explore Menu and tried different things but it never worked.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors