Create a Ration between two variables

mig17

Hello everyone.

So I am fairly new to Looker and I am feeling kinda lost here.

Inside a folder under my name, I created a dashboard.

The thing here is that I want to create another dashboard next to it, and I dont find a way to create a new dashboard.

The only non-practical way I found was to duplicate the already present dashboard, delete everything in there, and start again. But this does not seem very practical.

So what I wanna know: How to create a new dashboard next  to an already present dashboard?

I think there must be a bottom somewhere, but I dont seem to find it…

I hope I made sense.

Best regards

Solved Solved
0 4 83
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mig17

So I might have mixed some of the language. So inside of a Dashboard we have what is called “Looks” (which are basically plots and charts).

It seems that the 2 only ways to create a “Look” inside a dashboard is either to do as I said (edit, duplicate, clean all values, and go from there) Or you can just do the normal way. You create the “Look” then you assign a dashboard.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You should have a button NEW in the top right corner:

94a33cae-80ae-4f2d-9b9c-cfc4fb46babd.png

mig17

Thanks Dawid but unfortunately I noticed I forgot to mention a step. 

Indeed we can create a dashboard there with the “New” bottom. 

But after that, it is possible to access a new window. We click in the newly created dashboard and we are taken into a new window. It is there where I would like to create other dashboards and I can only do that using the copy bottom.

So what I am doing now is: Create New Dashboard → Access Dashboard → Click the 3 dots option → Click on : “Edit Dashboard” → “Duplicate Tile” → I clean all the variables and then I have a new dashboard in the required window.

It has to be an easier way to do this... 

There’s no way to copy a dashboard with all its content via UI. Not sure whether APi would allow you to do that but somebody may confirm

mig17

So I might have mixed some of the language. So inside of a Dashboard we have what is called “Looks” (which are basically plots and charts).

It seems that the 2 only ways to create a “Look” inside a dashboard is either to do as I said (edit, duplicate, clean all values, and go from there) Or you can just do the normal way. You create the “Look” then you assign a dashboard.

Top Labels in this Space