Conditional Formatting millions

https://help.looker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023573694-Conditional-Formating-using-Table-Calculation...

Used the article above to create indicators but now I can’t format to millions of $USD. Any ideas here? I have my value rounded but would like to add commas and $ symbol.

Solved Solved
0 6 1,836
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dawid
Participant V

Can you show what you’re using? Also you didn’t specify commas for what? the decimal point or as a thousand delimiter?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Dawid
Participant V

What kind of output are you looking for? If you use $0.00,,"M" that would display the values in millions

127913ad-4a3c-497a-b974-676e79e64496.png

To:

13fae3ea-7116-4312-b99f-4b8de9b4d390.png

not quite - but thanks for the reply @Dawid ! I used the solution in the link to get the following result - but I would like to change the format of these to have commas, and a dollar sign.  I know I can concat the dollar sign and when I try to use the advanced formatting option it doesn’t update the value

4df9024c-2a3b-4e00-a3f8-c72cfe24e11a.png

Dawid
Participant V

Can you show what you’re using? Also you didn’t specify commas for what? the decimal point or as a thousand delimiter?

Yes the latter, I would like to add in commas as the thousands delimiter. I suppose there is some syntax I can find for that. Thanks!

Dawid
Participant V

You might need to do some conditional formatting like this:

[>=10000000]$ ###,###,##0.00;[>=100000]$ ###,###,##0.00;$ ###,##0.00

Even though it doesn’t work fully but probably need to go in that direction to replicate the thousand separation for millions

JohnRomanski
Participant III

@Crystal_Taren are you inserting that green check with the `html` parameter for the field? that doesn’t follow the same rules or show up in the same places as the `value_format` parameter for the field.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors