Question

Collapsable tiles or sections in dashboards

• 22 September 2016
  • 7 replies

I wanted to request the ability to collapse tiles or sections in the dashboards. If these could flow through to how the PDF displays that would be great.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @seanmcewen, this is a good idea; I’ll be sure to pass your idea along to the product team!

Userlevel 2

And/or the ability to facilitate “hiding” panels if the query returns no results

Hey @sam, did we ever add this feature? If so, how do I set up my tiles for this?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Falreign, we haven’t added this feature yet. If you can expand on your desired use case here, I can bring more detailed feedback to the product team!

@sam I can see using this feature to make navigating dashboards much easier for users. Right now I have text tile bars acting as “dividers” between different sections of a dashboard. Using a hypothetical Product Usage Dashboard:

Section 1: Product usage overview (i.e. growth of users over time, other summary charts)

Section 2: Details on features used, sessions, etc.

Section 3: Geo detail (users by geo, country, etc.)

Section 4: Additional attributes (company size, length of relationship, etc)

It would be great to be able to collapse the charts/visuals associated with each of these sections so users can easily find the information they are interested in. While my bars are clunky, and other dashboards creators may make different dashboards for different users using the same data, this would make it much easier to keep it all in one dashboard that can service many different users.

Hey @sam,

My contribution for this is that my users really want a one stop dashboard for their KPIs ; which are in different time segments.

If they could quickly collapse the “daily” views, which actually have some different calculations than weekly or monthly, they wouldn’t have to scroll and wait for all of these to run.

The current dashboard is set up like:

Daily Header - single number KPIs

Daily details, with drill downs - over longer time periods (much bigger queries)

Weekly Header - single number KPIs

Weekly details, with drill downs - over longer time periods (much bigger queries)

Monthly Header - single number KPIs

Monthly details, with drill downs - over longer time periods (much bigger queries)

This feature is requested 4-5 years ago, any news?