Question

Change Look Title in Dashboard

• 30 April 2018
  • 9 replies

When adding a look to a dashboard, most often the look will display the ‘title’ of the Look above the visualization. Is it posisble to change or omit the language that is displayed on the dashboard without changing the title of the Look? Oftentimes we’ll want a more descriptive Look title for internal users but a more brief title for external users (EG ‘XX Dashboard - YY Report’ displayed as ‘YY Report’)

Thanks in advance!

9 replies

Hi Scott – It is not currently possible to change the dashboard tile title without changing the title of the Look. I’ve let our product team know that this is something you’d like to see.

Is this available now? It’s something we’re interested in. We have lots of Looks to keep track of internally, but on each dashboard we want a more generic name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

This isn’t available yet, but the standard workaround of turning off “Show Title” on the tile and adding a text tile that shows your customized name works well.

Userlevel 2

Hey @izzy 👋

Has there been any movement on the ability to have custom titles in Look tiles on Dashboards that override the Look names themselves?

Hi there, we are also running into issues where we’d like to have customizable titles for Looks outside of the Look’s ‘official’ title. Are there any plans to make this a feature?

We would benefit from having this feature as well

Same here, its difficult to identify the tiles if you can't have the internal name separate from the external

Userlevel 2

Yes I’d really like to see this as well!

Userlevel 2

I’ve added it to the feature request portal if anyone wants to upvote it. I couldn’t see a similar request in the portal…

https://portal.feedback.us.pendo.io/app/#/case/64099