'Cancel' on Edit Filters on dashboard still saves changes

Kyle_Webb
Participant II

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and/or if this is a bug.
I have noticed that if I make changes to dashboard filters but hit “cancel” instead of “Save”, it still saves the changes. See GIF below:

In case you can’t follow the GIF, I have a filter called “My Filter”.
When I edit the filters and change the name to “My Filter (editing)” and click “CANCEL”, I get the prompt saying “You have unsaved changed. Are you sure you want to close this modal?”

After hitting “OK” to discard the changes, you can see that the filter is saved anyway as “My Filter (editing)”.

I’m wondering if this is a bug? It’s annoying when you accidentally make changes and try to escape out of them, but it still saves…

0 3 188
3 REPLIES 3

I think this is limited to the filter name. Are you seeing it affect the actual filter criteria?

We’ve go this one on our radar and it’s going to be fixed as part of some bigger changes later in the year. If you’re seeing it affect more than just the name, perhaps we need to take a second look.

Kyle_Webb
Participant II

Hey Izzy,

No it’s not just the title. It’s not EVERYTHING (e.g. if you activate/deactivate what it’s filtering, those changes won’t save), but I have tested a couple other scenarios where it saves even when you press cancel.

When you change the default of the filter, it will still save:

And when you change the field that the filter is using, it also will save:

So I haven’t tried every item that can be changed in the filters, but it’s definitely more than just the name!

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors