Can I show only one title on single-value chart?

Is there a way that I can show just ONE title on a single-value chart? Currently, I can only figure out how to show the title twice (which is what happens when Show Title is enabled) or not at all (which is what happens when Show Title is disabled).

This looks redundant/bad on the dashboard. We should have the option to show the title either above or below the number; we should also have the option to show the title above the number, and a different title (like a subtitle) below the number.

30572db0-f1d6-4989-ae61-784781511300.png
4 4 924
4 REPLIES 4

jcdufault
Participant II

I would like to know this as well. I think in the older version of Looker you could hide the top title in the tile option but this is no longer available.

This causes problems specially when the number tile needs to be small and the content gets pushed.

You can hide titles in the new dashboard experience, but not for single-value graphs. There is a way around it though.

1. Change the visual type to something else than single-value and save
2. Click the three dots on the upper right of the visual in dashboard view and click “Hide title”
3. Change the visual back to single-value

No you have a single-value visual without the main title

Aside from the guidance on how to hide titles, what you’re seeing is one of those Looker idiosyncrasies.

When in edit mode on a dashboard, if you have a title visible on a tile, you’ll actually see 2 titles, but only one will be visible when you save/cancel edit mode.

Yes I agree, we need this kind of control. We want to have comparisons in these KPI boxes and the duplicate title is eating too much of the available space.  

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors