Blending Google ads & Google Data studio

Hi, 

I'm trying to blend Google Ads data and Google Analytics data to show what campaigns (in google ads) and how many Goal Completions they are receiving in google analytics, and eventually calculate Customer Acquisition Cost and Return on Ad spend, however when im blending the two sources, I'm able to get campaign and their respective costs, but when I'm blending goal completions, I'm getting the sum of goal completions for the entire day for each campaign, rather than the individual amount of goal completions broken out by each campaign. For example, below, you'll see Device Purchased (Goal 6 Completions) is showing 7 for the date of January 10th, which is the total sum of device purchases for that day, instead of the amount of device purchases for the individual campaign for that day. In addition, here is how I have my blended sources configured. I'm relatively new to this so I appreciate all the insights in advance, Thanks! 

4ca8bfd7-d1e5-4566-8b69-699e445e9871.png
6178b342-fe3c-4aaa-b264-b861932520b5.png
669934cf-45a6-4e66-b0d4-bba7ade906c2.png
0 1 2,094
1 REPLY 1

To achieve the granularity you're looking for, check your data source configurations. Make sure that you're using the right dimensions and metrics when setting up your blending. Using the campaign dimension as the key to match data between the two sources should allow you to see goal completions broken out by each campaign.
Here's a helpful dashboard to help you with the process: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1012747034938707524/.
Keep experimenting, and with a bit of adjustment, you should be able to calculate Customer Acquisition Cost and Return on Ad Spend accurately.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors