Question

Best way to filter/pivot specific fields

• 16 July 2018
  • 0 replies

EDIT: Sorted this out by reversing the role of the pivots and limiting the results to be 1 row only - it wasn’t exactly how I wanted it to look, but it will do.

Let’s say I’ve joined a few tables, and I’m grouping them on orders by seller, while filtering on the date of which those orders were paid for.

I would like to have the last 1 month of orders, alongside the last 12 months of orders, like so: https://imgur.com/7SHUKqb.jpg

The problem I’m having is that I can’t figure out to apply separate filters to the monthly/annual columns.

I tried pivoting around the date too, but there didn’t seem to be a way to group by month, and annual (only just purely monthly).

I have also looked at putting a custom filter in LookML, inside the orders view, but I can’t put that in the contact view, as it doesn’t know about the orders paid date in there.

I could do it as 2 separate tables, but ideally I want it in the same table - searching around the documentation, I saw that you can combine two tables together, but this seems to be out of date information - and the button to do this isn’t there for me, is it still possible to combine tables?

If only I could just exclude a dimension from the filters, then my problem would be solved.

Any ideas?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!