Aggregated running product or product of list measure

What I'm facing is: Every hours we take a value from our systems and store it on a dimension called results. I need to calculate a running_product of this values aggregated on a timeframe defined by the user. (value_1 * value_2 * value_3.....value_n)
I thought about creating a dynamic dimension and a parameter where user can select what timeframe he wants and than create a list measure using the results dimension so it would aggregate every single result on for a week (month, year or w/e was selected) and than create a table calculation with the product() function but the product() won't work since the list measure store values as strings.
Anybody ever had to deal with something similar?

471543f1-896f-4f4a-8ba7-cb083a4ee715.png
This is how my data looks like
a25b5812-65b2-4333-b0cf-c3f4183fa8bf.png
This is how the list measure looks like. I would like to apply a product() on it
0 2 540
2 REPLIES 2

Are you saying the Concat Results dimension is a String? Or is it a Number?

Seems you could create the dynamic time dimension as you planned. Here’s a couple examples how:

Then you could create a measure on the Concat Results dimension like:

measure: total_concat_results {
    type: sum
    sql: ${concat_results} ;;
  }

Or if you need to convert to a number first:

measure: total_concat_results {
    type: number
    sql: sum(cast(${concat_results} as float)) ;;
  }

Then you’d add your dynamic time dimension and concat results measure to query. 

Does this make sense? Or am I misunderstanding what you ultimately need to see in the result?

The concat_result is a number dimension but the uptime_list is a string list and I can’t apply the product() function on it

dimension: concat_results {
type: number
sql: ${results} + ${uuid} ;; #uuid is a random number
value_format: "0.00%"
}

measure: uptime_list {
type: list
list_field: concat_results
}
6fa13a7f-e0c1-4887-b817-5e73db6b6294.png

What I want is to group every concat_result value in user timeframe selection (week, month or w/e) and multiply them by each other (ie: value_1 * value_2 * value_3 * value_4).

Since the product() function can be applied to a number or a number list I tried making a list measure of the concat_results and than apply it but it actually convert it to a string list and not a number list

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors