Adding JavaScript widget to Looker dashboard

Hi, I would like to add a JavaScript widget that gathers user feedback in a Looker dashboard - the intent is to ask the dashboard users some questions while they are using it. This JS widget works as intended in a normal website by embedding the JS code, and the widget will pop-up as the website loads.

I have explored the following:

• Add JS code to Text tile; this doesn’t work.
  • Create a new visualization (based on Looker’s custom visualization v2) under the create and update events, but it seems the JS code is overridden and not working.
  • If possible, we shouldn’t create a new website that embeds the Looker dashboard and JS code as we do not want to use a new website.

Any suggestion on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 3 1,050
3 REPLIES 3

mprogano
Participant III

The first thing that comes to my mind is a Chrome extensions, you can modify the looker page on load (adding elements) or hide it behind the extensions button (a more traditional menu)

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

I guess this wouldn’t work for other users that are browsing the Looker dashboard from their own computers, right? Is it possible to configure specific Looker dashboard to always load certain JavaScripts?

Thank you!

mprogano
Participant III

I’d say def search around or maybe @izzymiller knows

As far as the extensions, in theory anyone could install it on any device that runs chrome

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors