Question

Adding drop down arrow for field filters

• 22 September 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

When a user places their cursor in a field filter in a dashboard, a loading dotted line (similar to a loading bar, but it’s a line) appears under the input box and eventually a drop down of values appears. Most of our users do not know that they are going to get a list of options with that filter. I was wondering if we could add a drop down arrow to the right of field filters so users know they can select from a list of options.

8 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi Sean,

We are working on some improved UX for filters to allow more control over the end user experience for filters, which should hopefully make this much clearer for your users on dashboards and explores. The feature is still a few months out, but should land in the next few months.

Colin

Userlevel 1

Is there any update on this feature?

Hi guys, I have the same question as Sean, which relates to create dropdown filter lists. Saw that there was no update since december despite the expecation that thi feature would come up soon after september 16. Any news on that? Thanks

Userlevel 4

Hi folks,

Unfortunately it has taken us a bit longer than anticipated to land improvements, and I apologize there. Our first [and very early] iteration of this feature will be seen in 4.14 (Single-Value Dashboard Filters). We’ll have lots of ongoing work around continuing to improve the user experience here, so I’m hopefully you’ll see sequential filter improvements for the next few releases.

Colin

Hi Colin,

I have same question about sequential filter as you mentioned before. We are looking forward to see this UI development. Is there any update on this filter?

Thank you,

Aslihan

Hi Aslihan,

It looks like our Product team is still considering developing this feature however I can’t make any promises on if and when this will happen! That being said, filter options do appear after clicking and pausing for a brief moment on that filter. A spinning circle should appear as the options load. This would be the best recommendation in the meantime.

Thank you for your interest!

Hi Colin,

Could we please have some updates regarding this feature?

Best,

Claire

Userlevel 2

Hi Claire,

There’s no ETA at the moment for this feature. I have passed your feedback to the product team. At the moment filter options is the same as described above by Anakarina.

That being said, filter options do appear after clicking and pausing for a brief moment on that filter. A spinning circle should appear as the options load. This would be the best recommendation in the meantime.

Best,

Xin