Is Looker training free?

Knowledge Drop

Many of our training materials are currently available to you at no cost. However, there are some that do have an additional fee. See below for a full list of offerings:

• Looker Connect is our new training platform and has learning pathways for data consumers and developers. Check out the “Getting Started with Looker Connect” document attached for more info.

• We also have two new on-demand courses, Analyzing and Visualizing Data in Looker and Getting Started with LookML. If you are interested in either of these, please contact your Account Team. 

• Looker Certification: The Looker Business Analyst Certification ended on December 31st, 2021 while the LookML Developer exam is available until March 31st, 2022. Check out this doc for more on Looker Certifications. We have a substantial variety of new offerings for Looker training in Looker Connect and in Google Cloud Skills Boost, and many culminate in skill badges. Skill badges are a useful tool to show proficiency in a specific area. 

• Looker Docs and Help Center are also great places to look for additional resources.

Questions? Please comment below! 

Comments
riteshmuhatte

@KarisaE  Any ongoing discounts for the certification ?

KarisaE
Staff

Hi @riteshmuhatte ! Thank you for reaching. That is a great question. Currently we do not. If that changes, I will update the thread here. In addition, since I last posted, we have a new training platform called Looker Connect. Have you gotten to check that out yet? If not, please check out the above updated post for more info on it. If any other questions come up, please let me know!

riteshmuhatte

@KarisaE  Are there any mock tests or sample questions available for the certification?

KarisaE
Staff

Hi @riteshmuhatte ! Thank you for the follow-up question. I do not believe so, but I am double-checking. I will get back to you here. 

KarisaE
Staff

Hi @riteshmuhatte ! Thank you for your patience! It looks like there are not mock tests or sample questions, but there are some great training resources to prepare. Check them out here: Business Analyst and LookML Developer. Let me know if any other questions come up!

cyrus-164133140
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

It looks like the Looker Business Exam is retired? Are there any other ways to get a Certificate of completion?

KarisaE
Staff

Great question @cyrus-164133140 ! I am checking into what other options might be available. 

KarisaE
Staff

Hi @cyrus-164133140 , thank you for your patience. I also updated the above post with this information, but also wanted to share directly with you here: The Looker Business Analyst Certification ended on December 31st, 2021 while the LookML Developer exam is available until March 31st, 2022. Check out this doc for more on Looker Certifications. We have a substantial variety of new offerings for Looker training in Looker Connect and in Google Cloud Skills Boost, and many culminate in skill badges. Skill badges are a useful tool to show proficiency in a specific area. Let me know if you have any other questions and thank you for the great question! 

biggie
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Hi @Looker @KarisaE, I have a question. Do you receive any certificate of completion of the Journeys in the Looker Connect (e.g. the Data Consumer journey training)?

Version history
Last update:
‎05-27-2021 10:21 AM
Updated by: