Is there any way to disable a dashboard filter

Is there any way to disable a dashboard filter (where the filter is defined as a parameter in LookML)? What I hope to do is once the value of the filter is set (via URL), users cannot change it on screen (dashboard).

I only could find a work-around solution which is hiding the filter by including the hide_filter=[filter_name] in the URL.

0 1 48
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for posting your question!

If you want to filter query results but don't want the filters to appear on a dashboard, Look, or Explore for users to interact with, you can use the following options:

• You can filter the results in underlying LookML with a few different LookML parameters, described in the Creating filters users cannot change section of the Creating required filters with LookML documentation page.
  • You can use the  hide_filter=[filter_name] parameter in the dashboard URL, like you are already doing 
  • If you are embedding the dashboard, you can create an embedded theme (if you have Admin permissions) and leave the Display dashboard filters box unchecked. The only caveats for this method is that custom themes need to be enabled for your Looker license, and it is an all-or nothing approach (all dashboard filters will be hidden for embedded dashboards). 

I hope that this information is helpful, and that I understood your use case correctly! 

Cheers!