Looker API - Run inline query

Hello, as stated in the following topic (https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Technical-Tips-Tricks/Can-I-cache-with-the-API-query-endpoin...) the documentation is no longer up to date, as he still contains wrong cache parameter, which is misleading during development.

0 5 152
5 REPLIES 5

Everything looks up to date to me! Which part is incorrect here?

Hello Sam8,

The part which is incorrect documentation about running inline query.

As said before, the specified blog post say that the cache are not working on this route, although this is still written on doc.

Sorry, I'm still not following. Which doc is incorrect? The run_inline_query and run_query API documentation pages don't mention cache either way.

Hello,

I talk about the included documentation of api module, inside Looker instance

(marketplace_extension_api_explorer).

Screenshots from query & code exemple below

rneil1_0-1711546086007.png

rneil1_1-1711546138027.png

Thanks for the screenshots!

So, to make sure I have this right, you think that the "cache" options in these dialogs inside the Looker instance should be removed?

I still don't think there is anything wrong here. The "cache" options should show up, as they have a useful function. They let the user calling the API decide whether to pull from cached results or not. The article you linked mentions that these API calls don't set cache, but that's a totally separate issue.

Again, my apologies if I'm misunderstanding you. I am happy to make updates to the documentation, and request changes to the product, if there truly is something incorrect here.

Top Labels in this Space