How to hide Profile Picture for external recipients?

I may have missed, I'm an admin of a Workspace, I uploaded profile picture of every user. I want to hide the profile picture when the recipients are external (for privacy).

I checked the Directory Settings, but there seems no option for that. Or, I may have missed something?

1 4 115
4 REPLIES 4

That option doesn’t exist. As far as I’m aware, the three things that don’t have privacy options and are shown to anyone with a Google account are name, email address, and profile photo. 

Hope that helps,

Ian

@DariusM 

There is no admin option for the profile picture setting. However, the user can decide that. If you go to user 'My Account' (at myaccount.google.com) you will see the profile picture on the middle top of the screen. If you click on the picture you will see "Visible to Anyone". If you change that to "Within Organisation" the external users won't be able to see the picture. 

Please note that this is not the admin setting, the user has to choose this.

Hope this helps

Yes, there is no option for admin to centrally set the preference for the users. I personally wanted to appear only the profile picture of my users within my Organization, not in the public nor even to those who they communicated to.

Okay then. 

@DariusM you can ask the users to change the setting like I mentioned in my previous reply. That's the best you can do here.